Europride 2016 has a several religious celebrations in store for you. Below are a few that we’d like to mention.
1. Opening celebration in Vondelpark
Europride opens with an open-air public celebration. There will be music, speeches and audience participation. The service is in the Open Air theatre in the Vondelpark.
- Date: July 23
- Time: 11-12am
- Location: Vondelpark, Open Air Theatre
- Map: http://osm.org/go/0E4~PYtf4–?m=
- Web: http://pride.amsterdam/events/rainbow-celebration-free-finally/
2. Pink Shabbat
All religions and sexual identities are welcome in the old (18th century) Uilenburger Synagoge in the old centre of Amsterdam. After eating food together (that you bring yourself – drinks are on the organization), there is a service led by Rabbi Tamarah Benima.
- Date: August 5
- Time: 6pm – 10pm
- Location: Uilenburger Synagoge, Nieuwe Uilenburgerstraat 91
- Map: http://osm.org/go/0E4~5b53V–?m=
- Web: http://pride.amsterdam/events/pink-shabbat/
3. World Religion Boat reception and Interreligious Debate
One of the more important boats participating in the 2016 Amsterdam Canal Pride will be the Holy Boat, a boat with people from all religions (including a French gay imam, and leaders from the christian, jewish, hindu faiths, a shaman, a humanist, etc.). The theme of the boat is ‘Coexist’.
On Thursday evening before the Canal Parade, there will be an open panel discussion of all religious leaders that will be on the boat.
Everyone can visit this get-together, but you need to reserve your place at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are still donations needed to cover the cost of the boat!
Donations can be made through http://www.worldreligionboat.com. Look for the donate button.
- Date: August 4
- Time: 7pm – 9.30 pm
- Location: Bijbels Museum (Biblical Museum), Herengracht 366
- Map: http://osm.org/go/0E4~xtBBh-?m=
- Web: http://www.worldreligionboat.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HolyBoatAmsterdamGayPride2016/